The Purple Sky

"Yesterday is but today's memory, tomorrow is today's dream" - Khalil Gibran

Yeaa..back to blog. I’ve been around these past few days, but never seem able to get myself writing anything down here. People used to sing; ‘there’s so much I want to say, but words always gets into my way’ hehh..It was something like that la. Plus, my laziness played a big part as well. *grins*

I had just got my laundry done last weekend. After living almost 3 weeks of only taking out clothes out of my almari baju without even once putting a fresh clean ones in (except for the little sisters), u can imagine how empty the almari looks. If its big enough I swear it’ll echo. I just found out that I can wear my baju (including the ones I don’t fancy) in one full cycle of 3 weeks without having to do any laundry before my supply of baju runs out. (*baju applies to my baju kurung. I wear baju kurung to class everyday, and runs out means I can’t go to class wearing my baju kurung anymore) And now I can picture all u people out there gawking and yapping in disgust – man, how can this girl live like that? Not to mention she’s a girl!! for god’s sake! (that’s why at this ripe age of mine I can’t even imagine myself getting married and settling down or doing stuffs like that. I salute my friends who had gone to that phase of life)

Yep, but there’s a sad story behind all this; my washing machine broke down, few months ago. (the sad story of my washing machine will have to go in another post) And life has been like this ever since then. Not – didn’t wash my clothes for 3 straight weeks kind of like this, but having had to climb stairs and knock on people’s door to parasite their still working washing machine to get my laundry done type of like this. Ann n Mha have adapted well. They wash their clothes; manually. i.e sit on stools and wash. Everyday. On the other side, me and Aziemah has adopted the door knocking technique.

U can either say I’m still living in denial or just plain lazy. I don’t mind doing dishes, I don’t mind cooking, I don’t even mind cleaning the house, but washing clothes is totally out of the planet. And thanx to my owh-so-loyal back pain, I can’t sit (or stand) too long, (even on normal chair, let alone stool). Those days of lining up, taking turns to basuh baju in hostel has long ended. Soo..yep. No thanx.

Since then, I’ve been stacking up used baju for the week and get it washed during the weekend. It’s convenient for me, not having to go up carrying all those smelly laundries ever so often, and convenient for the people I’m currently parasiting as well. But the past 2 weekends had been so full and busy either for my part or theirs. Takde rumah la, kuar gi hospital la, balik kampungla, etc2..and during the weekdays I have study group meeting almost everday, and on every other day its just whether I’m too tired or tad too lazy. Plus, I’m waaaaay too shy to drag up my smelly stack to the other rumah, so I’m practically stuck with the smelly stack for 3 weeks.

Not to mention the smelly stack keeps on growing in size, from bukit larut it slowly turns into Gunung Jerai and later into K-2. Ok now.,, *s.t.o.p imagining!!*

They say all well ends well, so when last weekend finally came and I was finally able to get it done, it’s victory! *pat myself on the back* I finally have fresh clean clothes all lined up in the almari again! *hugs…all my baju*

A note to myself -may this not happen again.

***************


A little update on my friend that I wrote about a few days back, we went to visit her in HKL last week, she had finally open her eyes! After almost a week of unconsciousness, and making everyone worried sake., she’s finally awake! Her mom was actually smiling ear to ear when she did!
Try guess the first thing she asked for when she woke up? It was food! It’s a good sign isn’t it? I think it is. I’m so glad.. And from what I heard, today they’re extubating her (taking the intubation tube off) She’s making such good progress, I’m so happy for her. She still can’t talk though, but one step at a time, and our prayers will be with her all the way!

1 comments:

I can't stand manual wash too..washing machine is the greatest invention of all time. But seriously, 3 weeks? Aduh..pening kepala makcik dibuatnya!

" About her ~




A lady in her 20s, living in the remote of Sarawak - trying to fulfill her dreams. One step at a time, discovering and learning new and old (forgotten) things as she goes along.. Loves to eat, watch heartmoving movies, and photography!!. Her secret ambition is to be a race car driver.