The Purple Sky

"Yesterday is but today's memory, tomorrow is today's dream" - Khalil Gibran


This is one drama that touches the warmest spot in my heart, set forth trains of thoughts and gives inspiration beyond explanation.

It's about a girl (Ikeuchi Aya) who was diagnosed with a disease called Spinocerebellar degeneration when she was 15 years old, and was able to continue her life until her death at the age of 25 years old. She kept writing in her diary to remember her experiences until she could no longer hold a pen. Aya simply wished to live until the end of her life, and the purpose of writing in the diary was to remind herself to not give up. She shed tears many times, at the same time encompassed by the rich love and support from her family and friends.
Her diary 1 Litre of Tears was published shortly before her death. It encouraged many people, healthy or diseased, because of its inspiring and courageous messages. As Aya wrote, "Just being alive is such a lovely and wonderful thing."
And the plot is actually based on the true story of a Japanese girl named Aya Kitou, (July 19, 1962-May 23,1988), who had the same disease.

Original 1litre of tears diary by Aya Kitou

***************************

And aahhh..as the title itself implies, I did shed 1 litre of tears (if not more) while watching the whole 11 episodes. I cried until my head hurts, and my eyes were swollen to such extent that when Zma saw me, she thought I had both my eyes stung by ants or something, hahaa...

I suppose I may never want to watch this drama again because I will surely succumb to dehydration this time.

I'm such a crybaby, I know...

0 comments:

" About her ~




A lady in her 20s, living in the remote of Sarawak - trying to fulfill her dreams. One step at a time, discovering and learning new and old (forgotten) things as she goes along.. Loves to eat, watch heartmoving movies, and photography!!. Her secret ambition is to be a race car driver.