The Purple Sky

"Yesterday is but today's memory, tomorrow is today's dream" - Khalil Gibran

Remember when I wrote abt me being so forgetful/keep losing my things?

Remember the part when I told the number of my lost handphones is known laughing stock among my friends?

As I was having my cp in the ward earlier this morning, jenn scourned when she saw the new oxford handbook glowing in my pocket.

‘New book?’

Nodding
‘Lost the old one at miri.’

‘Is there anything that u never lost?’

*pause*
5 seconds. Really. It took me that long to remember the things I never lost.
‘Ahh..I never lost this. And this. Pointing at my stethoscope and my scribble books. Misplaced them, but never got lost.’*Smiling sheepishly* As if a sense of accomplishment.

‘Only those 2? OMG u ni..i dunno la.. and gave me the isyk2 apa nak jadik look.

I can only smile again.

Its not that I love losing my things. I just l.o.s.t them. Cth besar: my phones. I’m currently using my ninth. (yep, ninth. And stop saying OMG) Bought the first 2 second hand - both broke down due to old age. 3 got stolen. Misplaced/lost the other 3. My last was involved in an accident i.e my 2 year old cousin spilled soy bean milk on it.-the screen went blank. All of them went into ‘the things I’ve lost’ list. Same feeling of ‘apa nak jadi ngan aku nih’, same numbing effect everytime it happens. Tried changing my habits, tried reminding myself more, but it keeps on happening to me, no matter how hard I tried avoiding it. I’m not proud, I’m actually tired sbnrnya. But losing my things is just something that keeps on happening to me.

Guess its just the parcel of being..,, me.








2 comments:

Pakai phone TM ajelah! He he he..

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!