The Purple Sky

"Yesterday is but today's memory, tomorrow is today's dream" - Khalil Gibran

umi called just now.

we talked.

its only after a while that she said;

'sorila umi tak habaq ni awal2 kat *isleasy*. umi bukan takmau bagitau, takdak apa2 pun ni. tp umi lani kat hospital. umi kne admit.'

gedegang! - jantung aku gugur-

it turns out that she had been admitted for the last 2 days, due to menorrhagia, but did not tell me, and warned everyone else not to tell me just because i'll be having my xm in the next few days. she doesn't want me to be worried.

i was furious! and of course worried! and taktau la.. i felt numb. i know her intentions are good, tapi... -sigh-

bile aku tanye umi ok ke? --she said 'yess' ..
umi bleeding byk ke.? --umi kata 'takdala byk pun..haritu *isleasy* balik umi dah ada period. lani ada lagi.'
uishh...[lama tu..] umi ada SOB tak? --umi cakap 'umi ok....jgn la risauu..umi takdak apa2..'
-aku diam-
betul ke umi ok? umi ada rase apa2 lain tak? -- umi jawab 'betul ni, umi ok.'

so i rest my case. at least in front of her.

then i called adik at home. then truth came out. she actually had been bleeding so profusely at home that she had to change pads once in abt ten minutes. getting worse since last week. i gawped. masyaAllah. byk tu.

and then there's another thing. okay..i don't really have much gynaecological knowledge per se at the moment, (i haven't done my gynae posting..i practically know almost nil) but i seriously smell something amiss. umi's post menopausal (currently on HRT). and per vaginal bleeding in post menopausal women is definitely not a good sign! so i went through all my books looking for some signs and clues and what i found was totally beyond me... *slap..slap my face!* i won't even try to go there.

maybe i'm thinking too much. -sigh-

yess..i guess that's it. i'm just thinking too much.

i need to find out more.

i pray nothing is wrong with umi. i pray that Allah would keep her healthy. i pray for her to be discharged soon.

i wish i could fly home and sleep with her tonight.

owh and did i mention? yesterday, (24th) was my birthday.

2 comments:

Isleasy
I pray for your Umi's speedy recovery.

hopefully she had recovered by now. what's the diagnosis?
I don't know it was your birthday..
Happy birthday