The Purple Sky

"Yesterday is but today's memory, tomorrow is today's dream" - Khalil Gibran

its the first day of Ramadhan today.

nothing much happened, maybe because i mainly stayed at home.
went to my uncle's (khali hasan) house for iftaar in Bangi.
as i drove thru the highway.. i realized there are a few things about driving on the highway which makes me i nervous, even though i drive on the highway all the time.

1) people who drove CLOSEly behind me, (when i say close, i mean a few feet.. i can see their headlights being so near to mine!) but refuse to overtake nontheless..
2) being overtaken by large/heavy + speeding vehicle (i drive a kancil, so u can imagine how the car will shake whenever that happens)
3) motorcyclist who instead of using the lane allocated, are speeding their hearts out, overtaking most cars as they go along regardless the lane, regardless what car..
4) up front drivers who brakes a lot.

i don't know why, but there are plenty of type 3 drivers/bikers today on the road (i wonder if there's a convoy or something going on) that everytime they pass me by, i went into a shock. (u can't imagine how it feels..terkejut berkali2..) when i finally reached home, i was simply relieved.


2 comments:

Isle...salam ramadhan. Semoga mendpt keberkatan thn ni..
;-)

Yes, driving in Malaysia is very, very dangerous with countless lunartics on the road and the forever impatient lorry drivers. I'm in the state of " I don't care if I'm slow. It's my car!" now.. They become wild especially when they know you're a woman.